- API Management
- Try It
Mashery Hosts 6th Annual Circus Mashimus Lounge to Celebrate APIs and Innovation at SXSW Interactive
March 5, 2014 – SAN FRANCISCO – Mashery, a leading provider of API management technology and services, acquired in 2013 by Intel Corporation, today announced the return of its much-anticipated Circus Mashimus lounge at the SXSW Interactive Festival in Austin, Texas from March 7-11. In its sixth year, Mashery’s Circus Mashimus lounge combines four days of friends, fun and feet-up festivity in a central SXSW location. Attendees and developers alike are invited to visit Mashery’s lounge and feast their eyes on great new apps for devices and wearables, plus meet experts providing great APIs that power the next generation of apps for the Internet of Things (IoT).
The Big Top
Located in Room 3, the Circus Mashimus lounge continues the tradition of providing attendees an easy destination for networking, holding meetings or just relaxing right inside the Austin Convention Center. Open to all SXSW Interactive badge holders, the Circus Mashimus lounge creates opportunities to meet leaders in the mobile, IoT and API economies. Visitors can also use the Circus Mashimus lounge to hold meetings or use free mobile device charging stations while learning how the top brands in automotive, media, health, food and more are using APIs to grow their businesses.
Once again, Mashery has invited select API providers to showcase their API platforms in the Circus Mashimus lounge. Visitors can mix with entrepreneurs, developers and designers, each with forward-thinking views on API opportunity. The Circus Mashimus lounge showcases only the best API platforms and app development examples. This year's participants include:
- Beats Music is a new kind of streaming music service that focuses on providing a personalized music experience for each user through a unique blend of digital innovation and musical passion.
- MapMyFitness powers one of the world's largest Connected Fitness communities and provides an open platform, seamlessly integrating with more than 400 fitness tracking devices, sensors and wearables.
- Hearst Magazines will be demoing the versatility of their API across three different products, ranging from Elle for Google Glass to Zine, an app born during the Hearst Fashion Hackathon which allows users to create their own digital magazines.
- Edgar Online is a financial data and analytics company that will demonstrate the benefits of harnessing the speed and agility of its APIs to transform its distribution model and engage and foster the developer community.
- Brivo Labs is launching access to its SAM API platform. SAM enhances experiences by enabling developers to create applications and services that change the way people interact with physical spaces using their social identity.
- Edmunds.com will be featuring its innovative Price Promisesm program, which offers shoppers a guaranteed upfront price on a new car. Representatives from Edmunds.com’s technology team will also be on hand to share details about its overall API capabilities.
- FoodEssentials will be showcasing its LabelAPI program, which simplifies building nutrition-based applications, helping people make healthier choices when it comes to food purchases.
- athenahealth, a leading provider of cloud-based services for electronic health record (EHR), practice management, and care coordination, will demonstrate the latest APIs as part of the More Disruption Please program and marketplace – connecting providers with best in breed solutions to help make health care work as it should.
Come One, Come All
In addition to the participant demos in the lounge, guests can also step right up for daily morning innovations and libations, plus various breakfasts, happy hours and snack sessions throughout the week.
Lauded in 2012 by WIRED as one of the best places at SXSW to “hang out,” the Circus Mashimus lounge will open on Friday at 1 pm, then remain open 9 am - 6 pm Saturday through Monday, closing at 4 pm on Tuesday. Mornings will kick off with a Bloody Mary Bar and breakfast.
Throughout the weekend, visitors can participate in “The Mashery API Challenge,” a personalized scavenger hunt, as well various giveaways and raffles. Each afternoon will be capped with a happy hour from 4 – 6 pm. In addition to meetings and “recharging,” attendees can also pose for fun photos in the Circus Mashimus Photo Booth, and immediately share them on Twitter and Facebook.
About Mashery, an Intel Company
Mashery, acquired by Intel Corporation in 2013, is a leading provider of API Management technology and services. It helps 245,000 developers securely power 86,000 apps for more than 200 top brands -- including Expedia, Argos, USA TODAY, Comcast, Dun & Bradstreet, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Aetna and CapitalOne. Only Mashery offers enterprises a PCI-DSS Compliant API Management platform to build API-powered platforms for opening new distribution channels, speeding time-to-market, and spurring innovation. Mashery focuses on API success, from crafting platform strategy and setting business objectives, to managing API delivery and facilitating relationships with developers. Mashery was founded in 2006.