- API Management
- Try It
Sean Arena, Chief Commercial Officer at Sabre, discusses how one of the world's largest global distribution systems (GDS) relies on Mashery API Management to expose its data to a broader ecosystem and onboard new developers within and outside the travel industry quickly and easily through its Sabre Dev Studio.
Goals of Program
- Expand developer engagement to a broader ecosystem within and outside of the travel industry.
- Create a mobile-friendly developer platform to tap into the more than 27% of online travel bookings coming through mobile devices.
- Embrace a platform that would allow the company to scale easily with easy-to-use backend and developer tools.
- Since launching, Sabre Dev Studio has seen more than 1,450 keys registered and 26K+ site visits.
- Through the API Management layer, Sabre processes 1.5 billion API calls per day and 99+ calls per second.
- The portal houses hundreds of APIs, both SOAP and REST, with I/O Docs and API Explorer to give developers all the tools they need to be up and running in less than five minutes.