- API Management
- Try It
As the Bazaarvoice API grew richer, it became more popular. Leading the adoption were large retailers with huge volumes of products and reviews and heavy API usage patterns that demanded a more sophisticated architecture including caching.
Bazaarvoice is the world’s largest network of active shoppers, connecting more than one-half billion consumers monthly to thousands of retailers and brands that represent millions of products and services. Its solutions help brands and retailers capture, display, and analyze consumer-generated ratings, reviews, photos, videos, and other social content about their brands, products, and services.
Goals of the API Program
- Fulfill the needs of large retailers including a more sophisticated architecture including caching.
- Provide dependable traffic management for heavy API usage patterns
- Allow engineering resources to stay focused on growing the consumer content network rather than building an internal API management capability
- Over the course of 18 months, traffic increased 900%, from 790 million to 7.9 billion calls per month, and the Mashery platform was rock solid, scaling to meet this demand without incident.
- APIs have become a key part of the company’s strategy, with business relationships based on them.
- APIs have become a source of competitive advantage with customers receiving sophisticated management capabilities, including rate limiting and next-gen API SDKs for mobile developers.
- Bazaarvoice has begun thinking of new revenue opportunities and can focus on innovation for its customers’ success.