- Intel Mashery API Management
- Intel Mashery API Gateways
- Live Demo
- Contact Us
Peter Coffee, Salesforce.com - APIs: Nouns or Verbs
API Video Brief – 1 minute, 19 seconds
Watch Peter Coffee, VP and Head of Platform Research at salesforce.com, discuss why a common approach to exposing APIs can unintentionally limit developers’ ability to create innovative applications.
- Making the verb (action) the center of the API focuses the provider’s attention on maximizing the user experience
- Don’t expose an API that simply reinforces existing services, but rather enable developers with a language that encourages innovation
- Wrapping APIs around the nouns of a system will limit providers from day one
The complete video can be seen here: Your API: A Big Enough Box of Crayons?