The New York Times: Campaign Finance API
About this video
Derek Willis, Interactive Developer at The New York Times, outlines the famous media outlet's API journey and describes how APIs helped it move away from predicting user behavior to collaborating with users to enhance their experiences.
- Understand why attempting to predict how your API will be used doesn't work and how to implement an effective feedback loop with your users
- How APIs have reinvented the story generation process, with API users influencing the major headlines
- See how users can define and shape an API through strategic examples
- Learn best practices for how to maintain your competitive advantage while keeping your API open
"Simply having the API isn't good enough. It's the data that counts. The quality of the data is as important as the design and availability of the API."
- Derek Willis, Interactive Developer