You are here
Circus Mashimus Brings API Excellence, Curiosity and Opportunity Under One Roof at SXSW Interactive
Mashery presents developer lounge featuring premier platforms powering next-generation eHealth and lifestyle and social media apps
March 5, 2013 – San Francisco - Mashery, the leader in API Management technology platforms and services, today announced the return of its popular Circus Mashimus lounge at the SXSW Interactive festival in Austin, TX from March 8 – 12. Circus Mashimus offers attendees and developers alike an amazing showcase of the world's greatest APIs powering today's most innovative apps of all shapes and sizes.
The Main Attraction
Mashery is continuing its tradition of hosting the Austin Convention Center's top destination for seeing the latest in apps and app development. Visitors are encouraged to use the Circus Mashimus lounge to network, hold meetings, power up their mobile devices, and learn about APIs from top brands in healthcare, lifestyle, media and more, to power today's app-driven business and lifestyle. Circus Mashimus is conveniently located in Room 3 of the Austin Convention Center, adjacent to the registration area.
Circus Mashimus is a prime venue open to all SXSWi badge holders, especially those curious about the changing online face of business in the post-website mobile app era. The memorable décor of Circus Mashimus makes it easy to meet friends, and the prime location creates ample opportunities for networking with forward-thinking app and mobile thought leaders.
A Midway Abuzz With Apps
With Circus Mashimus partners showcasing the best in public APIs and the apps they power, Circus Mashimus is a must-see attraction for developers and designers. This year's lounge partners are helping lead app innovation for the mobile, social and local lifestyle. Circus Mashimus partners join Mashery each year to showcase the best API platforms and app development examples. This year's partners include:
- ACTIVE Network – Offers its API program, allowing developers direct access to one of the most comprehensive databases of global events and activities like summer camps, 5k runs, golf tee times, campground reservations and classes.
- CarePass® from Aetna - Showcasing the power of the CarePass platform to help consumers manage their whole health with health and wellness apps Zipongo, MyBreath by BreathResearch, and MOXIEfit by Intelligent Automation.
- Edmunds.com - Launching a program to recognize and reward developers who build applications and experiences that benefit automotive consumers.
- ESPN – Sharing its API Program and Developer Center, which make elements of ESPN's unique content and data available for use by developers to create products and services serving sports fans whenever, wherever.
- FoodEssentials - Offering visitors the chance to see how its LabelAPI powers social nutrition apps, and receive a personalized nutrition score relevant to their needs.
- PeerIndex - Launching its API, which gives developers access to its Influence Graph. Also at Circus Mashimus, PeerIndex will demonstrate the Science of Influence by visualizing top festival influencers and their online conversation topics.
- SurveyMonkey - Unveiling new APIs and demoing integrations with MailChimp, Eventbrite and HootSuite. SurveyMonkey will also be powering Mashery's annual on-site survey of technology influencer and developer trends.
- TMS - Offering OnConnect Managed Services for flexible, easy access to the industry's finest TV, celebrity, and movie metadata.
- Whit.li - Makes it possible and easy for enterprises to read their customers' minds with instant, actionable social segmentation and insight based on attitude, real interests, lifestyle and character traits.
COME ONE, COME ALL
In addition to our API midway, guests can also step right up for daily morning innovations and libations, plus various happy hours and snack sessions throughout the week.
Developers, designers, tech industry buffs and do'ers, can flex their mental muscle with questions about technology, programming, startups and more on Monday at 2 PM, during Circus Mashimus' Developer Trivia Happy Hour, presented by Mashery and Twilio. Teams can register at: http://twiliomashery.eventbrite.com/
Visit Circus Mashimus starting Friday at 1 PM, then between 9 AM and 6 PM daily, with giveaways and raffles throughout the day, with a daily happy hour from 4 PM - 6 PM. Attendees are also invited to share their Circus Mashimus experience by tweeting photos from the Mashery-sponsored, circus-themed interactive photo booth.
Mashery, the world's leading provider of API Management technology and services, helps securely power 56,000 apps for more than 175 top brands—including USA TODAY, Comcast, Dun & Bradstreet, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Aetna, CapitalOne and Expedia. Only Mashery offers enterprises a PCI-DSS Compliant API Management platform to build API-powered platforms for opening new distribution channels, speeding time-to-market, and spurring innovation. Mashery focuses on API success, from crafting platform strategy and setting business objectives, to managing API delivery and facilitating relationships with a network of 185,000 developers. Mashery was founded in 2006.