You are here
The story of Mashery is the story of more than 175 successful API programs. Our customers' APIs power more than 62,000 apps and partnerships, creating new revenue channels, slashing costs, and speeding time to market.
"Our API spearheads our shift from print to digital."
Yellow Pages Group, Canada
MASHERY PRESS RELEASE
Mashery Helps Deliver Geolocation and Local Apps for Quova, CityGrid®, Homefinder.com, WeatherBug and Allmenus
API Leader is First Step for Location-Based Applicationss
San Francisco, CA, August 18, 2010—Mashery, the leading provider of API (Application Programming Interface) management and strategic services announced today an impressive lineup of customers powering geographically relevant applications. From providers of location based information like Quova to location specific databases like Homefinder.com and CityGrid® to local subject specific services like WeatherBug and Allmenus, APIs provide a platform approach to fostering an ecosystem of developers and multitude of applications leveraging highly relevant data.
"Location awareness is a key building block in so many of today's most popular and successful mobile apps," said Oren Michels, CEO of Mashery. "The availability of a diverse set of location APIs provide developers the means to create a compelling mobile experience around a broad range of content and services. With so many consumers accessing the Internet on the go, where you are has become an integral part of who you are. Your location informs how you want to interact with the application, its underlying services, your social graph and the people and places in your vicinity. With APIs that provide location awareness, local content and localized services, Mashery is able to offer our community of over 50,000 developers a holistic approach for developing the next-generation of location aware applications."
"Building our developer portal with Mashery made the most sense for us to speed the delivery of Quova's API, making our tools and geolocation dataset readily available to developers of all kinds," said Marie Alexander, CEO, Quova, Inc. "We are pleased to be part of the Mashery community."
Mashery is helping provide the API infrastructure that allows for more localized content for popular tools, including:
• HomeFinder.com is a popular real estate site with 3.5 million property listings that connects home buyers, sellers and real estate professionals. HomeFinder.com uses Mashery's API services to enable its 130+ online newspaper partners, including the Chicago Tribune, Arizona Republic and Miami Herald, to weave local property listings, community data and school statistics into their Web sites and print real estate sections.
• CityGrid® is the largest content and ad network for local, aggregating more than 700K paying advertisers, enhanced listings and content for 18M businesses, and reaching more than 140M unique users across 250 web and mobile sites. CityGrid® utilizes Mashery's API management services to give developers access to their content rich set of APIs which enable them to access CityGrid's content and its monetization platform.
• WeatherBug, a brand of AWS Convergence Technologies, Inc., manages and operates the largest global weather network and provides products and services for consumer and professional use. WeatherBug is launching a set of new APIs with Mashery that include tile-based raster images for radar, satellite, temperatures, humidity, pressure and winds that can be easily added to Google and Bing maps.
• Allmenus, the leading national resource for restaurant menus and online ordering, along with sister site Campusfood, is part of the Dotmenu network. Mashery's API service will be used to syndicate Allmenus' trove of content, covering 8,000 US cities, to local content partners. APIs made available will include restaurant menu links, content, and online food ordering.
• Quova geo-data powers businesses, large and small, around the globe. This data enables them to instantly identify where a visitor to their site is geographically located; to geotarget advertising and content; detect card- not-present fraud; manage distribution of digital content; and comply with local laws. Quova invites developers to play with its data for free, in order to see what can be created using the most detailed demographic and accurate network characteristic data about an IP address available. The company is based in Mountain View, California.
Mashery's API management tools and strategic services help companies connect with customers and partners in a changing digital world by extending reach across devices, markets and the Web. Mashery leads the industry with a holistic approach for API initiatives -- from setting platform strategy and measuring business objectives to the heavy lifting of providing and managing infrastructure to facilitating relationships with our 50,000-strong network of Web and mobile application developers. Our knowledge, experience and proven strategies enable companies to focus on their core business while driving sales, building new revenue channels and realizing faster time-to-market for innovative applications. Mashery was founded in 2006 and has built an impressive list of clients that include Best Buy, Netflix, and The New York Times. For more information, visit www.mashery.com.