- Intel Mashery API Management
- Intel Mashery API Gateways
- Live Demo
- Contact Us
Smarter Data Driving Smarter Health Choices
Halloween is just around the corner, and with it comes the start of the holiday season. That means more of everything: more sitting at the table, more sitting on planes, and of course more food - we all know the holidays aren’t the easiest time to eat healthy and exercise.
APIs are here to help! APIs can funnel all of your personal data into health-savvy apps to help you fend off the festive few extra pounds.
- MapMyFitness gives users the ability to map, share and record exercise routes and workouts via GPS in an online database. Aside from mapping, the app provides online training tools, fitness calculators and nutrition tracking, which you can share with your friends.
- Earndit connects to your fitness tracking apps like Fitbit and RunKeeper and rewards you with points based on the type of your workout. You can redeem points for discounts, gift cards and charitable giving.
- Calories 3 can help you control your calorie usage and improve your fitness by chronologically looking at your data. You can create custom food items or choose from a food database that has over 80,000 foods with 44 nutrients listed per food.
- I Just Ate (among others) was prototyped at the Health 2.0 Developer Code-a-thon held earlier this month in San Francisco. The app allows people to track what they eat by texting their app, even if they don’t own a smartphone.
You are not alone in the battle of the bulge. These apps make it clear that the adage “there’s an app” for that is really true, and as more and more companies continue to explore new ways to make data and information readily available and relevant to our health and our lives, excuses for not staying healthy are running out.
Now if only there were an app that would guarantee you would keep your New Year’s resolution to go to the gym.