- 30 Day Trial
- Contact Us
Seeing Apps that Change the World at our 2013 Business of APIs Conference in London
Our annual Business of APIs (BAPI) conference season is coming to an end with our final event in London on November 13th. During our events in San Francisco and New York City, we’ve been inspired to both change the world and challenge our thinking about how to use APIs.
BAPI London will be no exception. In his talk, Building Apps that Change the World, Paull Young, Director of Digital at charity: water, will speak to our audience about how digital technologies helped raise millions of dollars to bring water to more than 3.3 million people in 20 countries. Young will also touch on how his team effectively shared data about their progress to their donors using APIs.
According to charity: water, 800 million people still live without clean water. Over 46,500 people have signed up for the organization’s Pledge Your Birthday campaign, which encourages people to donate to water projects rather than receiving birthday gifts.
charity: water is committed to donating 100% of donor contributions to fund water projects, while providing proof that the projects were completed and successful. Through the exchange of data via its well-managed API program, charity: water is able to effectively coordinate with Google Maps to provide photos and precise GPS coordinates for both completed and active water projects.
If you’re anywhere near London, don’t miss Paul Young’s talk, scheduled during the afternoon of the conference. The rest of the day, you can check out some equally inspiring talks from these presenters:
- The Business of APIs: From Dreams to Dollars, Oren Michaels, Co-Founder of Mashery.
- Finding the Unmarked Trial, David McCandless, Author of Information in Beautiful.
- Managed Partnerships in the cloud Era, David Bloom, CEO of Ordr.in
- APIs to Enable the Internet of Everything, Sal Visca, CTO of Elastic Path
- The Evolution of Your API and Its Value, Linda Kozlowski, VP of International Marketing at Evernote
- The Product Manager’s Digital Dilemma, Peter Moeykens, Fellow at Location Based Services
- Spinning Data Into Gold, David Frankel, president of EDGAR Online
- Creating Success / APIs Changing Business, Kevin Flowers, CTO of Coca-Cola Enterprises
- Building Apps that Change the World, Paull Young, Director of Digital at charity:water
- APIs and Dara Refineries: Generating New Possibilities, Dr. Andreas Weigend, Founder of Social Data Lab and former Chief Scientist at Amazon.
In addition to all of our speakers there will be panel discussions, breakout sessions, and more. You can see the complete conference agenda and more details on the event at the BAPI website.
You can still request your invitation for our final BAPI conference of 2013 in London. We hope we’lll see you there.