- Live Demo
- Contact Us
3 tips for thriving amid SOA Governance extinction
In 2013, Learning how to enable your business with APIs is a common theme among enterprise IT departments and also among business. Enterprises are seeing that the current state of SOA Governance is headed towards extinction. These enterprises face a new kind of tension: the app and API economies on the one hand, where enterprises drive new revenue streams by (gulp) publishing corporate data APIs for third-party developers to use, and SOA on the other, where tight governance is the name of the game. But the loose coupling in RESTful web services forces a discipline all its own.
- Think of your product as a platform: Whatever your online business strategy, it likely was developed for the Web and the Web alone. How often are your customers, partners or employees using the Web vs tablets, smartphones, and how much has your business grown via indirect online channels? An API can enable versatility in fostering or growing business channels, or keeping pace with the consumerization of IT.
- Think of your API as a product: As APIs become a successfulo tool of your business, companies tend to want to structure its features the way other business offerings are structured: with pricing, features, business objectives and metrics. Your API can do all this too.
- Prepare for scale in your organization: Once your company's API ship has come in, everyone wants a piece of the bounty. As an IT person, preparing for this scale is important. Plans to support new API versions, methods, and for integrating API planning operation and even its own performance review will become critical.
This is a lot for one IT department to think about, but Mashery has helped over 200 companies successfully join the API economy on the IT and business sides of implementation, operation and strategy. We want to share this knowledge with you. Join our guest Eve Maler, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research and Mashery’s VP, Products and Services, Chris Lippi as they share how this discipline can make IT operations and security leaders look like heroes when they enable competitiveness and agility. And to do it, they just need to apply "ubiquitous web API" thinking to all the web services they oversee, whether published to the world or not.
Mark your calendar for this lively and informative 60-minute event featuring:
- How you can be an enabler to the business
- Best practices in API Management
- Real-life use cases of how organizations like Cisco, Best Buy and Hoovers did it
So Register Today!